Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2009 - Your Best Year Yet!

Imagine ......

It's 12/31/09, the last day of the year. The Holidays have come and gone, and you find yourself reflecting upon the past year, when you enthusiastically exclaim: 2009 was my best year yet! How would you feel? AWESOME! HAPPY! ENCOURAGED! SUCCESSFUL! So what would that mean to your business, your family, and your life to make 2009 your best ever? Let's explore that possibility to ensure this becomes reality for you.

Success Is Your Choice......

It's a new year, and the coming days, weeks and months will be full of opportunities, obstacles, and choices. Where does success start? Right here, right now, today! That's right. Today (like everyday) is a choice. A choice for you personally, and professionally, to "better your previous days best", as Dick Zalak would say of FOCUS 4. Success can (and will) be your's, if you'll dare to decide! Decide to set s.m.a.r.t. goals. Decide to netWORK more effectively. Decide to ask "how can I help you" in every conversation. Decide to get involved in your community. Decide to focus on your core competency. Decide to communicate more succinctly. Decide that success will be yours!

I DARE YOU!

More than a statement, it's a famous little book written decades ago by the visionary Jonathan Danforth III (founder of the American Youth Foundation, (http://www.ayf.com/) The simple concepts changed my perspective, and my life. It was a gift from Harold Holden Sr., the founder of Holden Graphic Services where I spent my nights & weekends working my way through college. I am forever grateful to Mr. Holden for sharing it, and if you can find it, "I Dare You" will change your perspective, too. How? Within these rather unassuming pages are a treasure chest of meaningful statements, paraphrased as follows: I Dare You to Commit to Excellence. I Dare You to be Physically Stronger. I Dare You to Work Harder. I Dare You to Give More. I Dare You to Love More. I Dare You to Be Courageous. You get the idea, right?

I Dare You.... to succeed!

"Success is never-ending, and failure is never final", words of wisdom from Robert Shuler. Success begins with a well designed business (or life) plan created each year that drives to your vision, while keeping ever-constant your mission, with annual goals including objectives that are best measured daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.

Use your imagination to envision 12/31/09, make the choice, and dare yourself to succeed!

2 comments:

STAYSUCCESSFUL said...

Jeff Greene said:

"Jeffrey, you amaze me more and more, for such a young man your talents are extremely deep and enduring. - Jeff"

Jeff Greene

Business Development Executive
GREATER MIAMI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
www.miamichamber.com

STAYSUCCESSFUL said...

Freddie Ravel said:

Dear Jeff -


I was just thinking of you and your La Bamba Team!


I am hoping that we can have an opportunity to work together again soon.


Here's the latest press release which came out this morning:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/02/prweb2019304.htm

Best Wishes to you and the Miami familia!


FREDDIE

Freddie Ravel | TuneUpToSuccess
Founder
tel: +1 818 386 5866 | 818 999 0159 fax
url: www.freddieravel.com


TuneUpYourBusinessYourBottomLineYourLife